Ontario’s New Human Rights Regime: The Experience So Far
- Effective June 30, 2008, the Ontario government made significant changes to the Province’s human rights regime. Intended to make the system more effective and efficient, amendments were made to the Human Rights Code as well as the timing and method of holding hearings.
- In this HReview Breakfast Seminar we will review the employer experience under the new regime, including:
- What has been the practical experience of employers?
- What are the first steps an employer should take when it receives a human rights application?
- How does a labour arbitration or other proceeding, such as a Workplace Safety & Insurance proceeding, impact a human rights application?
- What procedural avenues are available to assist an employer to deal with an application?