Our team regularly appears before the Canada Industrial Relations Board and Ontario Labour Relations Board (“OLRB”) representing the interests of clients. We pride ourselves on having excellent working relationships with all board members, which is of great benefit to our clients.
Matters on which we frequently appear include (but are not limited to):
- Related employer / sale of business
- Employment standards
- Occupational health and safety
- Union certification
- Unfair labour practice
- Duty of fair representation
- Work jurisdiction
- Bad faith bargaining
- PSLRTA (Public Sector Labour Relations Transition Act)
- Construction Industry matters such as:
- Section 133 grievance referrals
- Jurisdictional disputes
Finally, almost all of our articling students (most of whom become our lawyers) participates in a seven-week secondment with the OLRB during which they learn our business from the perspective of the decision-makers.