Sherrard Kuzz LLP is a leader in construction labour relations. Our advice and representation is strategic and practical.
We have comprehensive expertise working within the construction industry’s unique legislative framework, and are familiar with the complex issues, interests, relationships and key players in all trades. We assist all types and sizes of employers including employer associations, general contractors, developers, builders and subcontractors.
We represent their interests in a wide variety of proceedings, including:
- Collective agreement negotiations (with individual employers or employer associations)
- Day-to-day administration of the collective agreement
- Grievance referrals
- Jurisdictional disputes
- Labour Board proceedings
- Legislative communication strategies
- Occupational health and safety
- Preparation for and representation at interest arbitrations
- Sale of business / related employer applications
- Strike management and injunctive proceedings
- Strike preparation and business continuity planning
- Trade union certification applications
- Workplace safety and insurance