Please join us for our next HReview breakfast seminar: *
Drugs (including Cannabis) in the Workplace
Employer Rights and Obligations
Best Practices to Protect Your Workplace
Legalization of cannabis is around the corner and employers are looking for ways to protect the safety and productivity of their workplaces. Join our panel of experts, including a specialist in testing and treatment of substance use disorder, as we explore:
Balancing Safety, Privacy and Human Rights
- Employer rights and obligations regarding cannabis, opioids or other impairing substances.
- The significance of medical vs. recreational use.
- The impact cannabis can have on cognitive ability.
- Recognizing signs of impairment.
- Measuring impairment.
- Types of testing: pre-employment; pre-access; random; post-incident; return to work.
- New developments in testing technology.
- New developments in the law.
- Holding employees accountable.
- Practical tips on developing and implementing effective policies.
Discipline and Policies
(Breakfast at 7:30 a.m.; program at 8:00 a.m.)
We look forward to seeing you!
* Law Society of Upper Canada CPD Credits: This HReview Seminar may be applied toward general CPD credits.
* HRPAO CHRP designated members should inquire at www.hrpa.ca for certification eligibility guidelines regarding this HReview Seminar.