Katherine E. Ford
Called to the Bar in both Ontario and British Columbia, Katherine is a highly accomplished lawyer who provides advice to employers across the country with particular focus on human rights and accommodation, workplace investigations, violence and harassment in the workplace, positive employee relations, and the full range of employment and labour law.
Katherine is widely published and regularly asked to lead professional webinars and conferences on a variety of employment and labour related issues.
Katherine's practice includes:
- Advising the Multinational and Multi-Jurisdictional Employer
- Attendance Management
- Collective Agreement Administration
- Collective Bargaining
- Employment Issues in Corporate Restructuring
- Employee Relations
- Employment Contracts
- Employee Screening and Hiring
- Employment Standards
- Grievance Arbitration
- Human Rights
- Management Training
- Ontario Labour Relations Board Proceedings
- Policy Development and Implementation
- Responding to Union Organizing and Applications for Certification
- Sale or Closure
- Strike or Lock-Out Preparation and Business Continuity Planning
- Workplace Audits
- Workplace Investigations
- Wrongful and Constructive Dismissal Litigation
Katherine is a Member-at-Large of the National Labour and Employment Section of the Canadian Bar Association, and a member of the Ontario Bar Association (Labour & Employment, Constitutional Civil Liberties and Human Rights, Civil Litigation, Workers’ Compensation, Young Lawyers) Law Society of Upper Canada, and Law Society of British Columbia.
Katherine is a graduate of the University of British Columbia Law School and holds a Bachelor of Arts, Honours Degree, in Psychology from Queen’s University.